|Position Description and Qualifications
MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets is currently seeking Veterinary Technicians to join our teams in the following locations:
• Cincinnati, Ohio
• Columbus, Ohio
• Dayton, Ohio
• Hilliard, Ohio
• Toledo, Ohio
• Indianapolis, Indiana
• Lexington, Kentucky
• Mandeville, Louisiana
• New Orleans, Louisiana
• Mobile, Alabama
We are seeking individuals that are team oriented and have excellent communication skills with fellow colleagues, clients and the referral community. The ideal candidates thrive in a fast paced environment and are dedicated to practicing the highest quality of veterinary care. The recruited candidates will be responsible for providing strong clinical and administrative support to the department. The individuals are responsible for ensuring clients, patients and referral partners receive quality care. The position provides an opportunity to work with board certified specialists and the ability to learn about cutting-edge medicine.
About MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets:
Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. Three of MedVet’s Ohio medical centers (Columbus, Cincinnati & Dayton) were the first AAHA Accredited Specialty Referral hospitals in the state of Ohio. MedVet Columbus was named the AAHA Accredited Referral Practice of the Year for 2014.
The MedVet team provides expert specialized care in areas including anesthesiology, cardiology, dermatology, emergency and critical care, integrative medicine, internal medicine, interventional radiology, medical oncology, neurology, ophthalmology, radiation oncology, radiology, rehabilitative services, and surgical services.
• Ability to drive the service and client service process.
• Ability to prioritize caseload and patient care.
• Ensure patients receive quality care.
• Ensure documentation is accurate and complete.
• Plan, organize, and manage the daily flow of services.
• Manage appointments: obtain histories, medical record keeping, invoicing, patient discharges, etc.
• Assist in procedures: preparation of patients, instruments, equipment and medications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent client service skills and phone etiquette.
• Ability to inspire, teach, multitask and be a highly functional team member.
• Attention to detail.
• Work successfully as a team member and autonomously.
• Sense of urgency.
• Critical thinking skills.
• Effective patient restraint.
• Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.).
• Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Prior veterinary experience required.
• Preferred Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Animal Sciences, Veterinary Technology or a related field.
• Licensed/Registered/Certified Veterinary Technician is a plus.
Shift: Full time and part time opportunities available. Specific work hours to be determined based on assignment and needs of the departments. Rotating on call schedule for weekends & Holidays.
Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long term disability, life insurance, 401K, PTO, continuing education, uniform allowance and pet care discounts are available.
With practices in Ohio, Kentucky, Louisiana, Indiana and Alabama, MedVet is one of the most dynamic specialty practices in veterinary medicine. Please visit our website at www.medvetforpets.com and check out our Facebook page for additional information. Check out our careers page for specifics on positions available https://www.medvetforpets.com/employment.