Mesa Veterinary Clinic
Hours / Week: 40
Days of Week: 5
Salary Range: Discussed During Interview
Position Description and Qualifications
Mesa Veterinary Clinic and Paws N’ Hooves Mobile Veterinary Clinic are proud to provide quality convenient, and affordable services that “Help El Paso Help Our Pets!”
Mesa Veterinary Clinic and Paws N’ Hooves Mobile Veterinary Clinic are comprised of two small animal clinics- a fixed base clinic in West El Paso and two mobile veterinary clinics that rotate to different parts of the city- in addition to our mobile large animal services. It is our dedicated mission to provide our pets with the quality medical care that they deserve.
• Enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
• Telephones patients to follow up on patient care
• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
• Assist with restraint, handling and manipulation of various animals
• May euthanize and dispose of animal carcasses following established procedures
• Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines
• May perform minor medical treatments of animals as directed by the veterinary staff
• Administer injections, animal vaccinations, medications, treatments, and supportive care measures
• Incubate animals, place intravenous catheters, perform venipuncture, run diagnostic tests, and administer fluids as needed.
• Monitor vital signs of sedated and anesthetized patients in preoperative, operative, and postoperative phases
• Maintain all necessary controlled substance drug logs and patient records
• Clean and disinfect kennels, transport carriers, equipment, and facility
• Know basic veterinary medical concepts, including, but not limited to vaccine protocols and anesthetic risks. Be able to communicate such information to clients.
• When Veterinarian has documented information about an animal’s condition, adequately explain such information to clients.
• Remain composed while working in fast-paced environment
• Actively promote spay/neuter and educate clients on responsible animal ownership.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Personable and friendly
• Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Basic computer knowledge
• Professional, motivated, energetic.
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong customer service ethic
• Detail orientated
• Punctual and dependable
• Knowledge of Avimark preferred
• Knowledge of basic animal care
• Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
• Bilingual required (English/ Spanish)
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule (including weekends)
• Must be able to work in a fast pace enviornment
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum 6 months consecutive customer service
• Minimum 6 months consecutive veterinary or medical field experience
• ANIMAL LOVERS ONLY
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position and meet the minimum requirements please send us your resume to email@example.com. Please no phone inquiries.
LICENSED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN (2 POSITIONS)
Lyndon Veterinary Clinic
HOURS / WEEK: 1 Position Part-time, 1 Position full-time
DAYS OF WEEK: Monday - Friday
SALARY RANGE: DOE
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Immediate opening for Licensed Veterinary Technician for one-doctor small animal practice/dental specialty practice in DeWitt; unlicensed persons need not apply. We are NYSVMS accredited, AAHA accredited since 1987, and an AAFP-certified Cat Friendly Practice. Must have excellent client communication skills in addition to clinical proficiency; interest in dentistry a plus.
Our practices are focused on the human-animal bond and we strive to provide excellent pain management. We utilize a variety of techniques and devices to help us administer anesthesia with the utmost safety to our patients. Technicians are utilized to the fullest of their capabilities.
1) Part-Time position available, approximately 15-25 hours per week. No nights or weekends! Competitive salary (dependent on experience) and benefits package.
Full time position available, approximately 35 hours per week. No nights or weekends! Competitive salary (dependent on experience) and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LICENSED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN
Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center
HOURS / WEEK: 20 (Part-Time)
DAYS OF WEEK: Week days
SALARY RANGE: $13.62 - $15.00 (DOE)
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Join our progressive team of veterinary professionals to provide quality care to animal in the center!
*Requires an Associate's degree in veterinary technology from an American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited veterinary technology program and licensure to practice as a veterinary technician in Virginia.
*Successful completion of a background investigation including polygraph examination.
*Valid Virginia or North Carolina driver's license (or eligible to obtain/exempt from requirement)
*Successful completion of a pre-employment physical examination.
*Successful candidate must be eligible to obtain certification to euthanize.
Individual will monitor the health of the shelter animals and work under the direction of the supervising veterinarian to perform heartworm, leukemia, fecal and other tests; administer medication; perform humane euthanasia based on medical recommendations, and provide other assistance to the veterinarian and other shelter staff, as required
HOW TO APPLY
Check out https://www.vbcareers4gov.com for more information!