Closing Date: 11/17/2015
Company Name: Big Sky Animal Medical Center
Approx. hrs. / week 40
Days of week
Salary Range minimum 15/hour
Position Description and Qualifications:
Big Sky Animal Medical and Surgical Referral Center has an immediate opening for two veterinary technicians. We are looking for a detail oriented individual to provide high quality care to our patients and high quality service to our clients. A positive attitude and excellent communication skills are a must at this progressive AAHA certified hospital. We are well equipped with ultrasound, digital radiography, a large amount of orthopedic instrumentation, arthroscopy, video endoscopy and in-house lab. As a referral center we see a large amount of orthopedics including fracture repairs, TPLO’s, total hip replacements and medicine cases. We use IDEXX in-house lab equipment and have an underwater treadmill for our patients. Great Falls is located in north central Montana on the Missouri River and is a year round outdoor enthusiast's paradise. The sky is the limit here, but some of the opportunities include hiking, camping, skiing, ice/rock climbing and hunting/fishing. Starting salary is minimum 15.00 per hour, depending on experience. We will reimburse up to $1000 for moving expenses and pay the $300 VNTE fee for new graduates upon signing of a 1 year contract. Montana certification fee of $25 is paid yearly along with Big Sky Veterinary Technician dues of $25. Health insurance is available and currently paid at a 60% employer and 40% employee. Premiums are based on age. Approximate premium for ages up to 24 would be $300, 60% which would be paid for. After 2 years of employment, employee would be eligible for a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan in which we currently match up to 3% of salary. Please submit a resume to email@example.com or contact Mandy at 406-761-8387. Visit bigskyanimal.com.
How to Apply
please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 11/16/15
Veterinary Farm Technician
Company Name: Mesa Veterinary Clinic
Approx. hrs. / week
Days of week
Position Description and Qualifications
• Enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
• Telephones patients to follow up on patient care.
• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
• Assist with restraint, handling and manipulation of various animals.
• May euthanize and dispose of animal carcasses following established procedures.
• Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines.
• May perform minor medical treatments of animals as directed by the veterinary staff.
• Administer injections, animal vaccinations, medications, treatments, and supportive care measures.
• Incubate animals, place intravenous catheters, perform venipuncture, run diagnostic tests, and administer fluids as needed.
• Monitor vital signs of sedated and anesthetized patients in preoperative, operative, and postoperative phases.
• Maintain all necessary controlled substance drug logs and patient records.
• Clean and disinfect kennels, transport carriers, equipment, and facility .
• Know basic veterinary medical concepts, including, but not limited to vaccine protocols and anesthetic risks. Be able to communicate such information to clients.
• When Veterinarian has documented information about an animal’s condition, adequately explain such information to clients.
• Remain composed while working in fast-paced environment.
• Collect amount due after services are complete.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Personable and friendly
• Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Basic computer knowledge
• Professional, motivated, energetic.
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong customer service ethic
• Detail orientated
• Punctual and dependable
• Knowledge of Avimark preferred
• Knowledge of basic animal care
• Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
• Bilingual preferred (English/ Spanish)
• Must be able to work in a fast pace environment
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum 6 months consecutive customer service
• Minimum 6 months consecutive veterinary or medical field experience
• ANIMAL LOVERS ONLY
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position and meet the minimum requirements please send us your resume to email@example.com. Please no phone inquiries
|Closing Date: 11/21/15
||Registered Veterinary Technician
Company Name: MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets
Approx. hrs. / week 16-40
Days of week 2-5
Salary Range Commensurate with experience
||Position Description and Qualifications
MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets is currently seeking Veterinary Technicians to join our teams in all of our practices.
New Orleans, Louisiana
We are seeking individuals that are team oriented and have excellent communication skills with fellow colleagues, clients and the referral community. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment and is dedicated to practicing the highest quality of veterinary care. The recruited candidate will be responsible for providing strong clinical and administrative support to the department. The individual is responsible for ensuring clients, patients and referral partners receive quality care. The position provides an opportunity to work with board certified specialists and the ability to learn about cutting-edge medicine.
About MedVet Medical & Cancer Centers for Pets:
Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. Three of MedVet’s Ohio medical centers (Columbus, Cincinnati & Dayton) were the first AAHA Accredited Specialty Referral hospitals in the state of Ohio. MedVet Columbus was named the AAHA Accredited Referral Practice of the Year for 2014.
The MedVet team provides expert specialized care in areas including anesthesiology, cardiology, dermatology, emergency and critical care, integrative medicine, internal medicine, interventional radiology, medical oncology, neurology, ophthalmology, radiation oncology, radiology, rehabilitative services, and surgical services.
• Ability to drive the service and client service process.
• Ability to prioritize caseload and patient care.
• Ensure patients receive quality care.
• Ensure documentation is accurate and complete.
• Plan, organize, and manage the daily flow of services.
• Develop and monitor staff schedules.
• Manage appointments: obtain histories, medical record keeping, invoicing, patient discharges, etc.
• Assist in procedures: preparation of patients, instruments equipment and medications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent client service skills and phone etiquette.
• Ability to inspire, teach, multitask and be a highly functional team member.
• Attention to detail.
• Work successfully as a team member and autonomously.
• Sense of urgency.
• Critical thinking skills.
• Effective patient restraint.
• Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.).
• Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Preferred Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Animal Sciences, Veterinary Technology or a related field.
• Veterinary Technician license is a plus.
Shift: The position is full time. Specific work hours to be determined based on assignment and needs of the departments. Rotating on call schedule for weekends & Holidays.
Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long term disability, life insurance, 401K, PTO and pet care discounts are available.
With practices in Ohio, Kentucky, Louisiana, Indiana and Alabama, MedVet is one of the most dynamic specialty practices in veterinary medicine. Please visit our website at www.medvetforpets.com and check out our Facebook page for additional information.
How to Apply
To apply please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Animal Care Specialist
Company Name: Animal Haven Clinic
Approx. hrs. / week 30
Days of week sun-sat
Salary Range 8.00
Closing Date: 12-31-15
|Position Description and Qualifications:
Veterinary office looking for entry-level employees.
Duties include housekeeping, laundry, bathing dogs,
Cleaning cages and sweeping and mopping floors.
Physical labor and lifting required.
Shift includes weekends and holidays. Hours are 7:45am to 6pm daily.
You must have reliable transportation of your own and a valid driver’s license.
You must be over 18 yrs old. Minimum wage to start ($7.50).
This is a full-time position. We will not be able to accommodate class schedules.
|How to Apply:
Apply in person to fill out a written application. Bring your resume with you.
Monday thru Friday 8am to 12 noon or 2pm to 5pm.
822 East Main St Farmington, NM. Immediate Openings