Mesa Veterinary Clinic and Paws N’ Hooves Mobile Veterinary Clinic are proud to provide quality convenient, and affordable services that “Help El Paso Help Our Pets!”
Mesa Veterinary Clinic and Paws N’ Hooves Mobile Veterinary Clinic are comprised of two small animal clinics- a fixed base clinic in West El Paso and two mobile veterinary clinics that rotate to different parts of the city- in addition to our mobile large animal services. It is our dedicated mission to provide our pets with the quality medical care that they deserve.
• Enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
• Telephones patients to follow up on patient care
• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
• Assist with restraint, handling and manipulation of various animals
• May euthanize and dispose of animal carcasses following established procedures
• Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines
• May perform minor medical treatments of animals as directed by the veterinary staff
• Administer injections, animal vaccinations, medications, treatments, and supportive care measures
• Incubate animals, place intravenous catheters, perform venipuncture, run diagnostic tests, and administer fluids as needed.
• Monitor vital signs of sedated and anesthetized patients in preoperative, operative, and postoperative phases
• Maintain all necessary controlled substance drug logs and patient records
• Clean and disinfect kennels, transport carriers, equipment, and facility
• Know basic veterinary medical concepts, including, but not limited to vaccine protocols and anesthetic risks. Be able to communicate such information to clients.
• When Veterinarian has documented information about an animal’s condition, adequately explain such information to clients.
• Remain composed while working in fast-paced environment
• Actively promote spay/neuter and educate clients on responsible animal ownership.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Personable and friendly
• Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Basic computer knowledge
• Professional, motivated, energetic.
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong customer service ethic
• Detail orientated
• Punctual and dependable
• Knowledge of Avimark preferred
• Knowledge of basic animal care
• Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
• Bilingual required (English/ Spanish)
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule (including weekends)
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum 6 months consecutive customer service
• Minimum 6 months consecutive veterinary or medical field experience
• ANIMAL LOVERS ONLY
How to apply
If you are interested in this position and meet the minimum requirements please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone inquiries.
Licensed Veterinary Technician Closing Date: Until Filled
Company Name: Virginia Beach Animal Care and Adoption Center
Approx. hrs. / week 20 Days of week Weekdays Salary Range 13.62-15.00/hr Commensurate with Experience