What is Dual Credit?

Dual credit allows a high school student to enroll in a SJC course(s). Students receive high school core and academic credit as well as college credit for the course(s) taken. Schools must have agreements with San Juan College in order to participate.

Who is eligible to participate in Dual Credit?

High school students attending a home school, private school, BIE, or a public school under one of the following districts:

  • Aztec Municipal Schools
  • Bloomfield School District
  • Central Consolidated School District
  • Dulce Independent Schools
  • Farmington Municipal Schools
  • Gallup-McKinley County Schools
  • Grants/Cibola County Schools

Benefits of Dual Credit:

Dual Credit helps students to:

  • Be more likely to graduate high school
  • Be more likely to enroll in a college or trade school after high school graduation
  • Be better prepared for college
  • Complete a degree program in less time
  • Be more likely to finish college
  • Be less likely to be required to complete developmental courses in college

How do I get started?

Complete an SJC application. You can apply online for FREE.

Click to view the Dual Credit Checklist that provides a step-by-step process to register for an approved Dual Credit course(s).

What is the cost to participate?

Tuition and general fees are waived. Course or program fees are paid by a participating school district. A home school student will have to pay the course and program fees out of pocket. Textbooks costs vary by school district. Please ask your high school counselor for information. Home school students are responsible for purchasing their own textbooks.

Which Classes Are Eligible for Dual Credit?

Click to view the Dual Credit Approved Course List. Students who would like to enroll for dual credit must meet with their high school counselor to determine appropriate courses. Students must meet prerequisites when registering for courses.  Generally a high school transcript is used to determine placement.

Registering for SJC Dual Credit Courses:

Students can register through their high school representative or at the Enrollment Services office once they have turned in the one-time Dual Credit Approval Form

Students must meet all pre-requisite requirements to register for courses.

Students are responsible for following SJC’s Academic Calendar and knowing all important dates and deadlines. These include start and end dates of the semester, add/drop dates and the date to withdraw from all courses with a “W” on college transcript.

Required Enrollment Forms:

  • DCAF
  • Add/Drop Form

Enrollment Resources and Forms:

How do I get my textbook(s)?

Each district has their own policies on books, please check with your high school counselor for the correct process.

When you go to the bookstore or library to get your textbook you must have the following with you:

  • Current SJC ID with your high school name and graduation date
  • Current schedule of courses you are registered in

For more information, please visit the San Juan College Bookstore website or call (505) 566 – 3260.

Completely Withdrawing from a Dual Credit course(s):

If you have registered for Dual Credit and are unable to complete your class(es), you must fill out the SJC Student Withdrawal Form . You must also discuss your withdrawal with your high school counselor.

For more information and questions please contact Enrollment Services at:

505-566-3545 or email dualcredit@sanjuancollege.edu

Dual Credit Student Disabilities Accommodation Statement:

Dual Credit students must first self-disclose a specific need for accommodations. The student is required to schedule an appointment with the Disability Services Coordinator to discuss accommodation requests. Once eligibility has been established by the Coordinator, accommodations will be approved based on individual need. To schedule a discussion about accommodation needs, please contact (505) 566-3271 or e-mail: disabilityservices@sanjuancollege.edu