Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Be a high school graduate or have a GED.
- Apply to and be accepted by San Juan College.
- Have a college cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better. College GPA is based on the last 24 academic credits (course numbers 110 and above). Most successful candidates have a GPA of 3.00 or better.
- Have taken the ACT Exam and have the scores sent directly to San Juan College Office of Admissions. 2017-2018 ACT Exam Information
- Completed 12 total hours of documented dental hygiene observation time in three different dental offices. Observation Hours Form
- Submit a completed application by the first Thursday in April.
- Have completed all prerequisite courses. Prerequisites must be completed with a minimum “C” grade.
- Students are strongly encouraged to complete all general education courses before application to the program. General education courses must be completed with a minimum “C” grade.
- Successful candidates typically have a GPA of 3.00 or higher for all prerequisite and general education courses at the time of application.
How to Apply
Before you apply, please make sure you meet all of the minimum eligibility requirements listed above. If at any time you have ANY questions regarding eligibility or the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us. You may view selections of the Programs Policies and Procedures (including the Programs Bloodborne and Infectious Diseases Policy)
- Apply to and be accepted to San Juan College.
- This is NOT the same as applying to and being accepted to the Dental Hygiene Program.
- By applying to San Juan College, we can properly determine which of the prerequisite and general education courses you have taken will transfer.
- This is the first step, and without it we cannot determine the eligibility of courses which you have taken.
- When you apply, please be sure to mark Pre-Dental Hygiene as your major.
- Send all official transcripts to San Juan College Admissions.
- This process may take 3-4 weeks. Please be sure to have your transcripts sent in WELL AHEAD of the application deadline! You may request to have your transcripts sent electronically. Please have them emailed directly to the San Juan College Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete all of your Prerequisite and General Education Courses.
- You may have courses “in progress” at the time you apply and report your “in-progress grades” on the application. ALL of the prerequisite courses MUST either be completed or in progress at the time of application, and must be completed prior to entering the Dental Hygiene Program.
- In Progress Grade Report Form 2018
- Prerequisite Courses
- General Education Courses
- Contact the SJC Dental Hygiene Program to set up an appointment with our program advisor to conduct a review of your eligibility.
- Complete and submit an Application packet for the San Juan College Dental Hygiene Program.
- An application may be sent at your preference either electronically or by mail.
- The Deadline for applicants is 5:00 pm MST on the first Thursday in April of each year.
Dental Hygiene Program
Once you have completed the Dental Hygiene Program Application, save it with the following file name: your last name your first name application and upload it using the form below.