Medical Coder/Biller Program
Students who complete the Certificate in Medical Insurance Coder/Biller will be eligible to take the American Health Information Management Association’s (AHIMA) Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam.
Medical Insurance Coder/Biller is a selective certificate program. Specific requirements must be met in order to this program. For additional information contact the Health Information Technology Department at 505-566-3597 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A limited number of students will be admitted each semester. Acceptance to the college does not constitute nor guarantee admission to the Medical Insurance Coder/Biller program. Taking prerequisite courses for the Medical Insurance Coder/Biller program does not guarantee admission to the program; enrollment is limited.
All courses are offered online only. Students must have access to a computer and the Internet (DSL or cable recommended). Once admitted to the program, all coursework for the Medical Insurance Coder/Biller Certificate program must be completed within 2 years. Students must complete each course in the curriculum with a “C” or better and maintain an overall minimum GPA of 2.75. Courses may be repeated once, for a total of two attempts. All HITP coursework must be current within 5 years at the time of graduation. Failure to meet these requirements will result in the student being dropped from the program.
Important Health Information Technology Links:
- American Health Information Management Association
- American Academy of Professional Coders
- Advance for Health Information Professionals
- National Cancer Registrars Association
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Centers for Disease Control
- International Federation of Health Information Management Association