San Juan College is an institution that truly believes in its mission of inspiring and supporting life-long learning to achieve personal and community goals by providing quality education, services, and cultural enrichment to our community. We do so by providing a comprehensive set of certificate and degree program options to promote student success and improve community connectivity.
We invite you to explore and experience the many ways in which San Juan College promotes individual development and improves the overall quality of life in a vibrant, multicultural community. We are looking for people with a passion in line with our mission, who value open, responsible exchange of ideas; individuals committed to integrity and exemplary standards, and candidates that value personal and professional ownership that generates accountability.
Working at San Juan College offers you an opportunity to be a part of an innovative, dynamic learning college built on mutual respect, meaningful participation and a collective commitment to students, the community and the core values of a comprehensive community college.
There are many reasons to relocate to the Farmington Area!
- Farmington is one of the fastest growing cities in the Four Corners area.
- “Farmington is unmatched in outdoor sports and recreation and a wonderful array of southwestern arts and entertainment.” Convention & Visitors Bureau
- The Farmington area is a fertile river valley surrounded by high desert, rolling plateaus, & mesas. There are the Chuska, Ute & Carrizo Mountains to the West/Northwest, and the La Plata & San Juan Mountains to the North. It has a landscape rich with diversity, a pleasant climate, and the bluest skies imaginable! Farmington is one of the primary reasons visitors come to New Mexico and end up staying!
- If you like to travel, what better place to be than here, centrally located between four states! You are just a hop, skip & a jump to Colorado, Utah & Arizona!
|Looking for something to do? Check out some of the local attractions at the following webpages.
|Like to Golf?
|Not the outdoor recreational type? We have an assortment of things to do inside.
|Looking for a place to live?
|What are the schools like?
|How’s the climate?
New Employee Training
San Juan College is excited to welcome new employee and strives to help the transition into a new position enjoyable.
- New Employee Orientation (upon hire)
- Campus Safety (once a year)
- Campus safety is a top priority at San Juan College, all employees are required to participate in an annual training.
- Unlawful Harassment (every 2 years) (taken during On-Boarding, thereafter online)
- All employees at San Juan College are educated on appropriate workplace behavior. A review of San Juan College policies and appropriate behavior is required for all employees every two years.
- Use the official course syllabus and have their course guide approved by Lead Instructors or an instructor in equivalent position as specified by the School Dean.
- Adhere to all policies of the college.
- Use expected student-performance assessment procedures and test items where relevant; submit samples of student work as requested for learning outcomes assessment procedures.
- Submit grades by deadline.
- Refer students to appropriate college student support resources including tutoring, counseling, and advising.
- Implement the College student evaluation process as scheduled and directed.
- Communicate regularly with the Lead Instructor or other designated instructional personnel; bring forward any concerns related to student conduct.
- Those who teach online must complete appropriate training and have a quality check of their online course before the course is taught.
- Participate in San Juan College professional development activities as schedule permits.
- Preferred : Master’s degree in the content area
- Master’s degree in any area and 18 graduate credit hours in the content area
- A Bachelor’s degree in the content area and/or
- Industry certification when appropriate
- A minimum of at least five years of relevant industry experience
- For fine arts, an extensive record of performances and exhibits in the content area
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of teaching experience
- Adjunct candidate fills out the San Juan College Application.
- Adjunct candidate attaches documentation that supports area(s) of expertise. Required documents are : college transcripts, resume, certifications or evidence of special qualifications, names and phone numbers of references (letters are optional) and Qualified Course List. If you are a finalist for employment, a criminal background check will be required.
- Adjunct candidate reviews courses in the current San Juan College Catalog and Semester Class Schedule and lists classes for which they have appropriate qualifications and for which he/she wishes to be approved.
- Adjunct candidate turns all documentation into the San Juan College Human Resources Department.
- Human Resources will forward the application packet to the School Dean or Hiring Manager for review. The Dean or designee implements the appropriate interviews and examination of credentials to determine eligibility to teach specific courses.
- When the application packet is returned to Human Resources it will be kept on file for 1 year. Human Resources does not provide notification of decisions regarding adjunct positions. Approval to teach is not an offer of employment. San Juan College contacts adjuncts separately if an appropriate adjunct faculty teaching opportunity is available.
San Juan College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Adjunct faculty are hired on a semester basis, depending upon the instructional needs identified for each semester. Such services shall be compensated on a credit hour contact hour basis at rates recommended by the president and approved by the San Juan College Board.
It is the policy of San Juan College that adjunct faculty may teach no more than 9 credit hours per semester. Requests from the academic dean for more than 9 credits an per semester or 29 hours a week must be approved by the Vice President and Human Resources Director prior to contract approval.
Payroll and Benefits
Adjunct faculty are paid twice a month, on the 15th and last working day of the month, provided that all payroll forms are signed in a timely manner. Adjunct faculty are paid $641 per credit hour. Problems concerning payroll should be referred to the Business Office (payroll – x3543) or Human Resources Office (x3215).
There are no medical/dental benefits provided to adjunct faculty. State and federal taxes, FICA and social security will be withheld for all adjunct faculty.
Adjunct faculty teaching one (1) credit class or more are eligible for the tuition waiver benefit. Tuition may be waived up to four (4) credit hours per semester, and any one (1) credit HHPC Fitness Conditioning class for each semester they are employed. This tuition waiver benefit may be transferred to a qualified family member. If transferring to a qualified family member, proof of family status is required (i.e., marriage certificate, affidavit of domestic partnership or birth certificate) and must be verified by Human Resources.